Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Introduce this blog.....

My name is James, I am currently a student at USU I am creating this as kind of a thing to be able to look back on and reminisce about some of my adventures that Life will bring to me (hopefully) not to mention for my friends and family to kind of be able to keep tabs on my life at school and possibly when I go out into the big bad world of touring, and vacationing while doing so.

So I came to school up in logan after a ton of things going south, some people would have thought that it was because of a girl that I came here. but its not, to Explain a little more in depth, I was kind of in a rut of not feeling like I was doing the right thing, after in a round about way finding out I lost my main job at the grand theatre, I wondered how I could improve myself and show the people that might try to put me down that I am better than they could ever think I was. Especially since they never gave me the chance to really prove myself when they would come in and take over my hangs and stuff, I never really felt like they trusted me to get my job done. But alas I had no warning that I wasn't going to be used as the M.E. anymore, until i went in to help them build one of their shows and the TD said after finding out I had my keys "oh yeah I should probably get those from you". I just kind of felt like I should have had some warning or some feedback on what I could have improved on, but I didn't get either of those. Well it happened to be during a time that some chemical imbalance happened in my head and I was really depressed. So great timing I know. but after a couple days of mental healing of lots of venting and even more self-pity I decided that I was going to go get a higher degree, thats how I ended up being where I am. I know that the people that made the accusations aren't ever going to see this anyway. I just felt it necessary to write it and though it might be a depressing story its kind of a big one to tell and explains a lot about what has happened and what kind of sparked the Idea more. I am happy about my decision and plan to take this route wherever it may lead me, and never look back though I thank the grand for the experience just not the methods they use. I still respect the people working there, and will miss the friends that I had there.

So anyway, I have had an awesome first week at school, My professors are really nice, I like my classmates and am a lil scared being as I have a lot of work to come my way in the coming weeks, I did it at western, but it was different there mostly being that my professor for my design classes was always the same person, Here I have different professors in every class, and they don't always plan for your other classes so, you can get bogged down with homework real fast. I found out today that I am on the Electrics crew this semester, Lets hope that I can keep it that way ha ha! I am not a great builder. I am an all right painter, I think I do great in Electrics and Sound stuff. So I hope that I can keep in the areas I know best and Succeed in them as well.

1 comment:

  1. You really need to talk to your mother more!! I love you and I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete